The Emerging Market in Health Care Innovation
Tilman Ehrbeck, Nicolaus Henke, and Thomas Kibasi
McKinsey Quarterly May 2010
McKinsey conducted research in partnership with the World Economic Forum to study the most promising novel forms of health care delivery and, in particular, to understand how these innovations changed its economics.
The Delineation of Home Healthcare: The Natural Evolution of a Healthy Industry
Wyatt Matas & Associates (investment bankers), April 2010
This whitepaper discusses the opportunity for home healthcare to become the center of chronic care disease management and identifies a particular business model that some more advanced companies are implementing.
EHR Software Market Share Analysis
Software Advice; May 14, 2010
A substantive analysis of a tricky market – physician EHRs.
Disease Management: Does it Work?
Jill Bernstein, Deborah Chollet, and G. Gregory Peterson
Mathematica Issue Brief; May 17, 2010
Mathematica revisits a debate that’s raged for over a decade:
- Not yet consensus that DM works
- Relatively effective disease management programs have some characteristics in common:
- They use individualized case management.
- They contact patients in person, not just by phone.
- They focus on hospital discharges as key opportunities to improve health outcomes.
- They encourage patients to use effective treatments by reducing cost-sharing for these treatments.